DR. ADELINE BOYD
JOHN J. MCKENNA
SAMANTHA PARIS, PRESIDENT
JOSE A. SOARES
SEBASTIAN J. VISCUSO
GEORGE A. ZAPATA, VICE PRESIDENT
Announcement: Notice of Board of Education Meetings
In accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act, P.L. 1975c 231, this is to advise that the Kearny Board of Education has decided to change the location of all Regular and Special Board Meetings, back to the 1st Floor Board Room, Kearny Board of Education, 172 Midland Avenue, Kearny, New Jersey 07032.
The election for members of the Kearny Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
The deadline for filing to seek a seat on the nine member board is July 25, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Nominating petitions are available from the Office of the County Clerk – Elections Division between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The County Clerk is located at 257 Cornelison Ave., 4th Floor, Jersey City, NJ 07302. The contact number is 201-369-3470 extension 2767 or option 6.
Petitions are also available at the county clerk’s website at www.hudsoncountyclerk.org.
Completed nominating petitions must be submitted in person or electronically by either facsimile or email and must be received by 4:00 p.m. on July 25, 2022.
There are three (3) seats available each for a term of three (3) years which will be voted upon.
Candidates filing a nominating petition for board membership must meet the following qualifications:
• He/she is a citizen of the United States of America
• He/she must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to qualify for office
• He/she must be able to read and write
• He/she has been a resident of the municipality from which he/she is to be elected for at least one (1) year preceding the date of the election
• He/she is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
• He/she is a registered voter in the district
• Not hold office as a mayor or member of the governing body of the same district
• He/she is not disqualified from membership on the Board due to conviction of a crime or offense listed in N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1
• He/she has no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Board
Pursuant to Bill S868, signed by Governor Murphy, board of education candidates are allowed to circulate a nominating petition jointly and to be bracketed together on the ballot (sample individual and group nominating petitions are available online in the NJSBA Candidate Kit).
A Candidate Kit is available from New Jersey School Boards Association (“NJSBA”) at: