BOARD OF EDUCATION ELECTION
The election for members of the Kearny Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
The deadline for filing to seek a seat on the nine member board is July 28, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
Nominating petitions are available from the Office of the County Clerk – Elections Division between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The County Clerk is located at 257 Cornelison Ave., 4th Floor, Jersey City, NJ 07302. The contact number is 201-369-3470 extension 2767 or option 6.
There are three (3) seats available each for a term of three (3) years which will be voted upon.
Candidates filing a nominating petition for board membership must meet the following qualifications:
· He/she is a citizen of the United States of America
· He/she must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to qualify for office
· He/she must be able to read and write
· He/she has been a resident of the municipality from which he/she is to be elected for at least one (1) year preceding the date of the election
· He/she is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
· He/she is a registered voter in the district
· Not hold office as a mayor or member of the governing body of the same district
· He/she is not disqualified from membership on the Board due to conviction of a crime or offense listed in N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1
· He/she has no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Board