BOARD OF EDUCATION ELECTION
The election for members of the Kearny Board of Education will be held on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
The deadline for filing to seek a seat on the nine member board is July 28, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
Nominating petitions are available from the Office of the County Clerk – Elections Division between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The County Clerk is located at 257 Cornelison Ave., 4th Floor, Jersey City, NJ 07302. The contact number is 201-369-3470 extension 2767 or option 6.
There are three (3) seats available each for a term of three (3) years which will be voted upon.
Candidates filing a nominating petition for board membership must meet the following qualifications:
· He/she is a citizen of the United States of America
· He/she must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age to qualify for office
· He/she must be able to read and write
· He/she has been a resident of the municipality from which he/she is to be elected for at least one (1) year preceding the date of the election
· He/she is not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
· He/she is a registered voter in the district
· Not hold office as a mayor or member of the governing body of the same district
· He/she is not disqualified from membership on the Board due to conviction of a crime or offense listed in N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1
· He/she has no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Board
In accordance with the Open Public Meeting Act, P.L. 1975c 231, this is to advise that the Kearny Board of Education Regular Board Meeting scheduled for Monday, July 21, 2014 has been changed to Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. in the Auditorium at Lincoln School, 121 Beech Street, Kearny, NJ 07032. Upon opening the meeting, the Board will take action to enter into Executive Session (The Doctrine of Necessity may be invoked, if necessary, for Executive Session) and reconvene in Public at 7:00 p.m. Action will be taken.