SCHOOL FOOD RESOURCES
ALL DISTRICT STUDENTS are eligible to pick up FREE BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Beginning on Tuesday, September 8th, ALL DISTRICT STUDENTS are eligible to pick up FREE BREAKFAST & LUNCH with multiple meal pickup days on Tuesday's and Thursday's.. For the convenience of our local families, distribution will now occur at 3 different sites. Any student may pick up two days’ worth of breakfast and lunch at the designated location most convenient to their home. Distribution begins at 8:30 a.m. and continues until noon at – Kearny HS’s King St. entrance, at Lincoln MS’s Beech St. gym entrance, and at Washington Elementary School’s Belgrove Dr. gym entrance. These FREE meals are available to ALL students.
Free and Reduced Meal Applications
Important Information and Instructions Regarding Free and Reduced Meal Applications:
- Unless you receive a letter stating your child(ren) are directly certified for free lunch benefits, a family application must be completed every year
- If your student was enrolled for the 2019/2020 school year and was entitled to a free or reduced meal, your benefits will be discontinued on Oct 12, 2020 UNLESS YOU RE-APPLY. You will be responsible for any meal your student receives after Oct 12th
- If you are a new registrant you must apply prior to the first day of school in order to be eligible for the program, starting from the first day.
- Only one application per family is required.
- You may apply online by signing in to the Parent Portal on the district website http://parent.kearnyschools.com). Go to the "forms" tab >"meal application" >apply> accept and continue. If you are using a mobile device after you go to the forms tab you will have to go down to the bottom of the screen to "mobile view"