SCHOOL FOOD RESOURCES
ALL DISTRICT STUDENTS are eligible to pick up FREE BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Effective April 26, 2021
Every Monday, all students who are FULLY VIRTUAL may pick up 7 days of breakfast and lunch between 1:15 pm and 4:00 pm at one of the three designated food distribution sites.
Every Wednesday, , all students assigned to COHORT A may pick up 5 days of breakfast and lunch between 1:15 pm and 4:00 pm at one of the three designated food distribution sites. On Mondays and Tuesdays, all students in COHORT A will receive lunch and the next day’s breakfast at the end of their in-person learning session.
Every Friday, all students assigned to COHORT B may pick up 5 days of breakfast and lunch between 1:15 pm and 4:00 pm at one of the three designated food distribution sites. On Thursdays and Fridays, all students in COHORT B will receive lunch and the next day’s breakfast at the end of their in-person learning session.
Food Distribution Sites
Open 1:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Kearny High School - King Street entrance
Lincoln Middle School – Beech Street gym entrance
Washington School – Belgrove Drive gym entrance
If you have a religious concern or extreme allergy concern, please instruct your child not to take a grab & go lunch when he/she is attending in-person learning. A special meal may be preordered by contacting our Food Service Dept. at firstname.lastname@example.org
Free and Reduced Meal Applications
Important Information and Instructions Regarding Free and Reduced Meal Applications:
- Unless you receive a letter stating your child(ren) are directly certified for free lunch benefits, a family application must be completed every year
- If your student was enrolled for the 2019/2020 school year and was entitled to a free or reduced meal, your benefits will be discontinued on Oct 12, 2020 UNLESS YOU RE-APPLY. You will be responsible for any meal your student receives after Oct 12th
- If you are a new registrant you must apply prior to the first day of school in order to be eligible for the program, starting from the first day.
- Only one application per family is required.
- You may apply online by signing in to the Parent Portal on the district website http://parent.kearnyschools.com). Go to the "forms" tab >"meal application" >apply> accept and continue. If you are using a mobile device after you go to the forms tab you will have to go down to the bottom of the screen to "mobile view"