Board Vacancy Press Release
KEARNY BOARD OF EDUCATION
The Kearny Board of Education is seeking candidates to fill a vacant seat on its Board through its next reorganization meeting on January 3, 2022. The seat is for a one (1) year unexpired term which is due to expire on 12/31/21. To be eligible for this position, a person must meet the following qualifications pursuant to Title 18A:12-1:
- Must be a United States citizen;
- Must be a resident of Kearny for at least one (1) year immediately preceding the appointment;
- Must be able to read and write;
- Must be a registered voter in Kearny and not be disqualified as a voter pursuant to R.S. 19:4-1;
- Must not have been convicted of any crimes as listed in Title 18A:12-1;
- Must abide by the criminal history background investigations as per Title 18A:12-1.2 and also the mandated board member training program as per the New Jersey School Boards Association.
Those individuals interested in serving on the Kearny Board of Education for the said time period are to submit a letter of intent with a resume to Dr. Edward Izbicki, Business Administrator/Board Secretary, Kearny Board of Education, 172 Midland Avenue, Kearny, NJ 07032 no later than 3 p.m. prevailing time on Thursday, August 20, 2020.
Resume must include the following information:
Demonstrated community and/or public school involvement
One (1) page statement indicating the reasons for your interest in serving on the Board of Education, and what you feel you can contribute to the Board of Education and the community of Kearny.
Important Message from the Superintendent
At a special meeting of the Kearny Board of Educationon on August 6, 2020, the Board voted to begin the school year in a fully virtual format until such time that the Board believes it is completely safe to open our schools for our students and faculty.
The Board of Education members did pass the district's TRAKS plan for implementation when it has been determined by the Board that a return to school should be implemented.During the next two weeks, administrators will be finalizing class lists and the virtual instructional plan. As soon as all necessary plans are complete, your building administrators will forward them to you.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we complete this process.Stay safe and well,Patricia Blood
Chromebook Repair Form
Kearny School District Facebook Feed
WORKING & LEARNING FROM HOME - COMPUTER HELP AND RESOURCES
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to register